Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - The End


This certainly has been an experience revisiting this diary. It's been 30 years since I've written it, and almost as long since I've read it. It's been fascinating for me to visit my former 16 year old self and to see what has radically changed and spooky what is still exactly the same. And it's been fun to have my memory jogged about all the hundreds of hours of forgotten television shows that I watched.

Thanks to everyone whose been reading it and commenting. It's been a long, hard slog to transcribe this thing, so it was nice to know that someone was reading. And at the same time very strange. Who would have thought 30 years ago when I was writing this that people all over the world would be able to read this book that I used to hide behind my dresser.

I wish I would have continued to keep a diary through my teen years... I did my senior year, but it was sporadic and mostly filled with teenage angst diatribes. I threw it away about ten years ago in a purge. It's probably good I stopped this one when I did... as I recall the next year was pretty bleak...

Anyway... best to you all and to all a good night.

5 comments:

Fnarf said...

Nerd.

No, really, thank you, this was an interesting little journey. It reminds me why I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore, for one thing!

Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've loaded your
blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a
lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a reasonable
price? Kudos, I appreciate it!

Take a look at my homepage ... waist to height ratio

Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've
loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a reasonable price?

Kudos, I appreciate it!

My webpage; waist to height ratio

Anonymous said...

This post is invaluable. Where can I find out more?


Look into my blog post :: airplane game

Anonymous said...

This should be a book or movie How about an after school special. Remember those.