Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Monday, April 18, 1977

Science. Started "New Feeling Good" program. In Gym, he made us run around the park and the ones who walked did it over. I was one of them. I'll skip the rest of the day and tell you about "All That Glitters".

"All That Glitters" is a simply about a world where women have men's roles and visa-versa. What I've seen of it, it's pretty good. But nothing can top Mary Hartman; Tom's accused of a murder he didn't do.

Went to bed at 12:30.

My memories of this show are pretty strong. Created by Norman Lear, he tried to do another comic soap opera. Lois Nettleton played a executive and she had a simpering man at home who was her house-husband. Linda Grey played a (wo)manizer, and I think that Gary Sandy played a bimbo secretary. All the roles were reversed. Even then I though the premise was extremely sexy and it made me 'feel weird'... It had a very short run, maybe 3 months or so. My only really clear memory of it was that Gary Sandy had really long feather-cut hair that I was envious.

A bit of trivia is that the song, You Don't Bring Me Flowers was written to be it's theme song. But instead they used some strange rap song about God creating Eve and then Adam*. It's one of those things I'm sure I'll never see again.

*One morning the Lord she woke up to say
I feel like I wanna be creative today
So by virtue of the power I've invested in me
I'll make the Heaven, Earth and the deep blue sea.
Things that swim, fly, walk by, creep and crawl
Now I better make someone to name them all.
Yes, a human was needed in the neighborhood
So the Lord made woman, and it was good.
She said the Garden of Eden's no place to be alone
So from the rib of the madame came Adam full grown.
As time went by this groom and brideFollowed the instructions, and multiplied.
She's hunt, he'd cook, she'd work, he'd play
While she administered the government, he crocheyed.
She wore the male, he wore the veil
Her head was crowned, his feet were bound
He concubined and walked behind
She was, to pardon the expression, the mastermind.
So is it any wonder that the men complain
When from the dawn of time it's been a woman's domain.

No comments: